re: amber on alpha

From: Chuck Schneider <chuck.schneider_at_compaq.com>
Date: Wed 09 Feb 2000 08:19:45 -0500

Greetings,

Alice Chang asked about AMBER 6 on Compaq XP1000. I don't have
information that's precisely on target, but...

- Assuming it's the 500MHz model, the XP1000 should perform much like
  other systems with an EV6 generation Alpha CPU of about the same
  clock speed. So, if AMBER 5 performance would be a useful comparison
  point, the XP1000 should be pretty close to the AlphaServer GS140
  figures at http://amber.ch.ic.ac.uk/bench50.html

- I've done an installation of AMBER 6 on our Tru64 UNIX systems, with
  no non-trivial difficulties. Alice, if that's the operating system
  you'll be using, feel free to contact me directly if you need any
  help.

Regards,

--
Chuck Schneider
Compaq High Performance Computing Expertise Center