Re: Problem with AMBER installation

From: David Case <case_at_scripps.edu>
Date: Wed 12 Jan 2000 14:39:21 -0800

On Wed, Jan 12, 2000, Jithesh P.V wrote:

> I've been to trying to install AMBER ver 5 on Sun e450 (SunOS 5.6),
> and the following error occured:

> Undefined first referenced
> symbol in file
> srand_ lesmain.o

First, make sure you really need the "addles" routine; if you don't, just
skip this step of the installation.

Second, consider getting amber6, where the dependence on srand is removed.

Third, you can try replacing the call to srand with amrset (in lesmain.f):
but check carefully to make sure this works. (Of course, this assumes
you have access to some machine where the addles program installs
correctly...)

> iter:
> "_iter_.f", line 737: Error: syntax error at or near variable name "c"
> *** Error code 1

Again, make sure you really need the MOPAC capability of doing coupled
QM/MM inside roar. If not, just skip this step.

Second, send problem reports related to roar to <roar_at_psu.edu>.

...good luck...dac

David A. Case                     |  e-mail:      case_at_scripps.edu
10550 N. Torrey Pines Rd.         |  WWW: